The purpose of our foundation is to honor life & legacy of Khyla N. Dennis. firstname.lastname@example.org
Khyla N. Dennis was a beautiful, humble, talented, and smart thirteen-year-old young lady. She was very loving and supportive of her family and friends. Khyla was very energetic and she carried an immense love for learning and creating. She was an avid reader, who spent much of her free time engrossed in books. Throughout her years in school, she maintained an overall ‘A’ average.
She continuously participated in extracurricular activities. These activities included recreation track, competition dance, AAU (Amateur Athletic Union) track, and faith-based youth mentorship. All of which shaped her to become an extraordinary young lady. Khyla always strived to do and be her best with everything she set her heart and mind to do. She is a star in her own right and a shining example for all to follow.
Anyone who knew her could attest to this and her naturally silly personality. She loved to laugh and enjoyed making people laugh along with her. Hearing her laughter or seeing her smile, would brighten any heart.
Khyla was a loving, energetic & talented thirteen-year-old young girl. We celebrate her life with this memorial scholarship. The purpose of this academic scholarship is to encourage youth in the local Hinesville community to achieve excellence through higher education and giving back to the community.
We will award one annual scholarship in the amount of $500.00 to a graduating high school senior who not only demonstrates academic excellence, but also has strong leadership, community involvement, and participation in sports. Scholarship applicants may obtain this scholarship packet through a school counselor or by requesting it from the KNDMS Committee.
Applicants must be graduating seniors who attend schools in Liberty County, Georgia.
• The application packet must be completed in its entirety. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
• Applicants must be accepted to attend an accredited college, university or postsecondary institution in pursuit of a degree within one year of graduation.
• Applicants must have at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
• Applicants are required to submit an official high school transcript with official signature, in an officially sealed envelope.
• Applicants are required to submit two typed letters of recommendation in a sealed envelope (Family members are not eligible). The writer’s signature should be across the envelope’s seal.
• Applicants must submit documentation showing a minimum of 100 hours of completed community service. This information must be signed and verified by a representative from the organization through which volunteering occurred.
• Parent/Guardian is required to submit a current year (or past year if current is not available) IRS Tax Transcript, or current verification of free/reduced lunch. A signed Scholarship Funds Disbursement Disclaimer must also be included.
• The essay is an important part of the selection process. The following requirements will be strictly adhered to. The essay must be double spaced, having 12 point Times New Roman font, 450-500 words, one inch margin on all sides, name typed in the upper right hand corner of each page. Applicants are required to submit a typed narrative essay about their views concerning the statement below:
-As a Scholar/Athlete, Name an Experience Where You Did Not Succeed and How You Overcame That Experience to Learn and Grow From It?
• In reviewing the essays, to select the scholarship recipient, the following criteria will be considered:
-Creativity, originality, and quality of ideas presented in relation to the topic
-Correct use of grammar and punctuation
If you are interested in applying for the Khyla N. Dennis Memorial Scholarship, please send an email us. Our email address is email@example.com the subject line type “scholarship application”. We thank you for your support and your interest.
The full and complete scholarship application packet must be postmarked no later than April 10, 2019. The Committee will announce the scholarship award during the honors/awards ceremony of the respective applicant’s school.
The Khyla N. Dennis Memorial Foundation, (912) 216-0971, P.O. Box 226 Hinesville, Georgia 31310